Global Youth Service Days
YOUTH COOK-OFF -
April 17, 4 p.m.– 6 p.m.
All Saints Episcopal Church -
151 South Ann St, Mobile, AL
Watch as teams of youth chefs chop their
way to culinary victory! Come enjoy trivia, prizes, and music.
Admission is $1 or 1 canned food item.
Helen Murphey at
(251) 653-1617 ext. 143 for more information.
PLANT AWAY HUNGER - April 18, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The Beehive Garden - 901 Government St, Mobile, AL
Central Presbyterian Community Garden - 1260 Dauphin St. Mobile, AL
- Help Bay Area Food Bank plant, weed, compost, and harvest their way to feeding hundreds of families in your community.
No gardening experience required.
Contact: Camille Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 653-1617 ext. 131 for more information.
Rouses Red Barrel Food Drive
Look for specially marked pre-packed bags at participating Rouses stores to donate to Bay Area Food Bank. Bags costs $5 and can be purchased at the register and placed into our red barrels for donation.
Participating stores in Alabama:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd. Theodore, AL 36582
- 4350 Old Shell Rd. Mobile, AL 36608
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd. Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- 1545 Gulf Shores Pkwy. Gulf Shores, AL 36542
National Association of Letter Carriers' Food Drive- Stamp Out Hunger
On May 9, letter carriers across the country, with the U.S. Postal Service, will collect food for families in need.
It’s easy to help:
- Collect and bag nonperishable* food items.
- Place by your mailbox the morning of Saturday, May 9 for your letter carrier to pick up and deliver to Bay Area Food Bank.
* Donate items like canned meats, soup, juice, vegetables, pasta, cereal, and rice. Please do not include items that have expired or are in glass containers.